The CA-SIG Board has developed standards for adherence and auditing to ensure that all SIG’s are operating within reliable parameters set forth in the regulations governing SIGs.
The following documents are available to CA-SIG members. All members are required to abide by the standards. These resources can be accessed through the Members-Only section of the CA-SIG website.
- CA-SIG Standards for SIG Operations
- CA-SIG Audit Testing Questions
- DIR OSIP Compliance Report
- Confirmation of SIG Audit Testing Standards - OSIP Response
CA-SIG has received communication from the Chief of Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) – Office of Self-Insured Plans (OSIP) that if CA-SIG members follow these standards and audit parameters, the audit would meet the requirements of what DIR is seeking. Although the DIR has the right to order an audit or further testing, the likelihood will be diminished greatly if the audits and standards established by CA-SIG are being followed.
The audit process set forth by CA-SIG will:
- Provide standard of reliability to the State and SIG Members for a stronger industry;
- Provide recommended actions to improve SIG compliance with the Regulations governing SIGs;
- Provide a more economical and practical audit plan for SIGs, since the audit can be integrated with the current financial audit; and
- Provide the State with standardized information based on the most pertinent indicators set forth in the Regulations governing SIGs.
CA-SIG has also drafted compliance certification requirements for SIG Group Administrators and CPA’s who conduct SIG audits to achieve reliable standards within the industry.
Be part of CA-SIG – support and benefit from the work of the organization!